AeroPress brewing guide
Using the AeroPress, you can make delicious coffee quickly and easily, even on the go! There are hundreds of recipes for this practical device - so many that it is probably even rarer to use the original recipe recommended by the manufacturer. Our recommendation sticks very close to the original.
The SLURP AeroPress recipe:
Brewing time: ~2:00 min
Final quantity of coffee: ~2 dl
Grinding: fine - medium. Finer than for regular filter coffee.
The ratio of coffee to water: 14g coffee, 200g water
- Rinse the round filter paper briefly with hot water to wash out its own flavour. Then insert the filter paper into the filter.
- Place the brewing cylinder (filter is at the bottom) on your coffee mug and pour in the freshly ground coffee. Shake the AeroPress gently to distribute the coffee evenly.
- Pour 200 g of water into the AeroPress and stir gently to bring the coffee evenly into contact with the water. The ideal water temperature is about 90 °C.
- Place the plunger in the brewing cylinder to create a suction that prevents the coffee from dripping. Let your coffee brew for one minute.
- Remove the plunger and stir a few times. This should be done approximately between minute 1:05-1:20.
- Put the plunger back into the brewing cylinder and press it down evenly and in a relaxed manner for about 30 seconds.
- The complete brewing time should be between 1:45-1:55 minutes depending on the coarseness of your grind.
- You can adjust the ratio of coffee to water as well as the grinding to suit your liking.
- You can achieve stronger coffee, if you grind the coffee finer and/or use less water.
- It's better to rinse the AeroPress with hot water right after use.