On hot summer days, it feels like us coffee lovers are being tested. Hot coffee can often feel too hot, and preparing cold brew takes too long.
A simple yet delicious way of having coffee is making delicious and easy coffee ice cubes. The ice cubes can be added to your favourite drink to bring a hint of coffee, or you can cool your coffee down without watering it down with normal ice cubes. You can also prepare the ice cubes in the freezer in advance and use them any time you feel like it!
Here’s how to make coffee ice cubes with Slurp’s recipe:
- Brew coffee in your preferred way (above are links for filter coffee and Aeropress)
- Pour the coffee into the ice cube tray or ice cube bags
- Set the ice cube tray to the freezer to cool
- Grab the ready ice cubes into your favorite drink!
- The ready ice cubes can be stored in a freezer bag to make sure the flavors dont transfer to them. That also gives you the chance to make more ice cubes right away!
- You can also make ice cubes from espresso, which gives you an even more intensive flavor
- Drop your coffee ice cube into hot milk or hot cocoa for a delicious treat
- The ice cubes are excellent for cooling drinks and liquors