Aeropress brewing guide
Brewing with an Aeropress is fast and easy. There are hundreds of recipes for this convenient device — so much so that it’s probably rarer to use the original recipe recommended by the manufacturer. If you would like to brew on the go, just take your Aeropress along and print this recipe to go.
This is how you can brew 2 dl of coffee with Slurp’s Aeropress recipe:
Brewing time: ~2:00 min
Final quantity of coffee: ~2 dl
Grinding: Finer than for regular filter coffee. Using the Wilfa grinder, we recommend the Aeropress setting.
The ratio of coffee to water: 14g coffee, 200g water
- Assemble the Aeropress and pour hot water through to heat the plastic parts to ensure an even brew. After this, add the coffee on top of the rinsed filter paper using the funnel. give the Aeropress a slight shake to ensure the even distribution of the coffee.
- Add 200 g of water into the cylinder and stir gently three times along the bottom with a bamboo stick.
- Put the plunger on top creating some suction to stop the dripping of the coffee. Let the coffee steep for 1 min.
- After the blooming, remove the plunger and stir a few times. This should happen approximately between 1:05-1:20.
- Set back the plunger and gently push it down in a relaxed and even manner for about 30 sec.
- At the end of the push you should hear a hissing sound that indicates that the coffee is ready for drinking.
- The complete brewing time should be between 1:45-1:55 minutes depending on the coarseness of your grind.
- You can adjust the ratio of coffee to water as well as the grinding to suit your liking.
- You can achieve stronger coffee, if you grind the coffee finer and/or use less water.
- The best way to get the coffee grounds into the bio waste is to remove the filter nozzle and push the plunger to the very end above the bio waste.
- It’s better to rinse the Aeropress with hot water right after use.